Friday 24 October 2014

‘Scene’ and Sampled on a day out. The Neoplan Starliner.

I have been a fan of the more exotic designs produced by the German manufacturer Neoplan since the days of the ‘Jetliner’ and the ‘Skyliner’.

 

The more recent ‘Tourliner’ may well be a good seller in the bread and butter day to day touring coach market but it does not have the head turning WOW factor of its predecessors.

 

The most recent of the Neoplan ‘exotica’ that does have the WOW factor must surely be the ‘Starliner’.

 

It is also possibly the last because Neoplan have only recently announced that production of this model is to cease. 

 

I had mentally noted this with regret because this sort of coach does not turn up every day and I have never had a chance to ride on one anyway until !!!!

 


I was booked on a day excursion run by ‘Hawkes Tours’ of Derby to visit and ride on the ‘Welsh Highland Railway’ from Porthmadog to Caernarfon. (A blog covering this will eventually appear).

 

So, standing in Derby Bus Station on a dark, misty, wet morning waiting for something ordinary to turn turn up to collect us I was amazed when this arrived.

 

I was even more pleased that I had booked early and my wife and I had got seats 1 & 2 for the day.

 

The view from the front seats is stunning. The ride superb, it is powerful, quick, quiet and very comfortable. Everything a coach should be.

 

I have had a holiday away on a ‘Tourllner’ but this day out on a ‘Starllner’ will be a memory that stays with me for a long, long time.

 

I think ‘Hawkes’ are missing a trick here. If they were to advertise their excursions stating that they intended using this coach then I am sure that alone would boost their passenger numbers.

 

Take a look and see what you think.

 

 

DE63 DEH Neoplan Starliner


P1160263

 

P1160270

 

P1160262

 

P1160261

 

P1160264

 

P1160266

 

P1160268

P1160267

P1160265

No comments:

Post a Comment